To be a geek at Onlinesales.ai you need to know how to build scalable and high-performance systems. We start with a proof of concept that demands a traffic rate of 10M+! To achieve any of this you need to understand Distributed Systems, Distributed Caching, High-scale Databases. And we possess the skills to create software that makes this entire heterogeneous system function together even if it runs on the number of boxes. A system that is so widely used cannot sustain any downtime and hence it uses elegant high-availability techniques to survive an outage. Not many startups can say “been there, done that”!
Key Attributes you’d need to possess
Strong Computer Science Skills- Problem-solving, research skills, reading comprehension, the ability to know how to use library functions, and understanding computing problems, design patterns, and frameworks are other skills that are valuable to have.
Be a team player- Engineers who are team players are much more likely to be successful in their careers than lone-wolf types. There’s a pop-culture stereotype of the brilliant but emotionally stunted programmer – someone who can pull off heroic feats of code-slinging but can’t connect with the people around them.
Pay strong attention to detail- Developers who pay attention to detail tend to write higher-quality code. Computers only do what you tell them to do. If a code does not compile or a product has a bug, it’s not the computer’s fault. Exercising the ability to think through corner cases and writing codes that will handle various use cases allow for a much easier development process.
Here’s how a typical week would look like
● Implement solutions for broadly defined problems
● Drive best practices and engineering excellence
● Be involved in the development of code in object-oriented languages like Java etc and build large scale robust distributed systems
● Be involved in full-fledged product development.
● Build New Features, Push them to production fast.
● Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
● Build services or APIs which will for easy application integrations at OnlineSales.ai to develop applications faster.
● Build scalable/fault-tolerant backend systems that process and analyze billions of data points every day.
Our ideal candidate will have:
● 1-3 years of experience in building successful production software systems
● A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BE/BTech or MS in Information Technologies/Computer Science)
● Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
● Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and in an ownership and results-oriented culture